Photos of the WMS “The Orchestra ROCKS!” Link Up Concerts on May 7, 2013
THANK YOU TO OUR GENEROUS SUPPORTERS
2012-2013 Link Up sponsors:
- Mary Ann Sherwood Fund of the Grand Haven Area Community Foundation
- Alyce R Erickson Fund of the Grand Haven Area Community Foundation
- The Fremont Area Community Foundation
- DTE Energy Foundation
- Women’s Division Muskegon Chamber of Commerce
- Johnson Controls Foundation
- Samuel L. Westerman Fund
- Hines Corporation
- Muskegon Rotary
- Paul A. Johnson Foundation
- Dr. Chris and Mary Eyke
- Comerica Bank
- Michael and Kay Olthoff
- Mary Payne
- Kathleen West, in Memory of David A. West
- and many individual supporters!
Please consider partnering with us. If your organization would like to support this music education program please contact:
Karen Vander Zanden, Director of Education and Community Engagement at 231 726-3231 ext. 31
Link Up ” The Orchestra Sings” 2013-2014 begins this FALL 2013
Check back in August to register your school
An In-School BegInner Music Program Grades 3-5
We believe that all children should have access to music education. Join us as we celebrate Link Up.
The West Michigan Symphony Communities Link Up program is a beginner classroom music program designed and written by Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute. Beginning in 2004, the WMS was selected as one of ten orchestra’s in the nation to present this music program to partner with our local community of schools.
Today the WMS has reached over 25,000 students in grades 3-5 from schools reaching across five West Michigan counties (Muskegon, Oceana, Ottawa, Newaygo, Kent).
Student’s learn to read, play, and compose music on the recorder, receive classroom visits from West Michigan Symphony Music Mentors, and participate in classroom contests and activities -all in preparation for the interactive WMS Link Up concert every spring. Students play their recorders with the orchestra at the WMS Link Up concert.
The Communities Link Up program is an interactive performance concert under the direction of Music Director Mr. Scott Speck
- Professional Development Teacher Sessions (required)
- Free classroom curriculum books for all students
- Free teacher guide and listening CD
- WMS Music Mentor visits to the classroom
- Fully interactive Link UP concert at the Frauenthal Theater
- Recorders (school must supply)
Carnegie Hall Online Resource Center http://linkup.carnegiehall.org