We believe that all children should have access to music education. Join us as we celebrate Link Up.
The West Michigan Symphony Communities Link Up program is a beginner classroom music program designed and written by Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute. Beginning in 2004, the WMS was selected as one of ten orchestra’s in the nation to present this music program to partner with our local community of schools.
Today the WMS has reached over 50,000 students in grades 3-5 from schools reaching across six West Michigan counties (Allegan, Kent, Muskegon, Newaygo, Oceana, Ottawa).
Student’s learn to read, play, and compose music on the recorder, receive classroom visits from West Michigan Symphony Music Mentors, and participate in classroom contests and activities -all in preparation for the interactive WMS Link Up concert every spring. Students play their recorders with the orchestra at the WMS Link Up concert.
The WMS Link Up program is an interactive performance concert under the direction of Music Director Mr. Scott Speck.
- Professional Development Teacher Sessions (required)
- Free classroom curriculum books for all students
- Free teacher guide and audio tracks
- WMS Music Mentor visits to the classroom
- Fully interactive Link UP concert at the Frauenthal Theater
- Recorders (school must supply)