WMS ADMINISTRATION INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The West Michigan Symphony Internship program is an opportunity for those individuals seeking experience in orchestra administration and/or looking to pursue a career in arts administration. For more information about our organization please visit our websites at westmichigansymphony.org and theblockwestmichigan.org
The Intern will work in various capacities and hold a number of responsibilities providing them with broad exposure to a number of duties, with the benefit of a flexible work schedule. Approximately 10 hours per week. Schedule determined based on qualified candidates schedule. May apply for one semester position or both.
Intern Position 1: September 2018 through December 2018
Intern Position 2: January 2019 through April 2019
Marketing and Development:
• Provide support for direct mail campaigns, donor events and special marketing projects
• Assist in maintenance of the database and creation of donor acknowledgement letters
• Keep all local internet calendars up to date with WMS Events
• Assist with any grant proposals as needed
• Be at Symphony events and assist as needed
• Oversee the audition process for the Debut Strings Families and Children’s Choir
• Set up rehearsal space on Monday and Tuesday evenings for Debut and Children Choir
• Manage Music Library for Education Programs and Parent Communication for Children’s Choir and Debut
• Present and Host any Instrument Petting Zoo’s that are scheduled
• Assist with any other Education Programs as needed
Operations and Production:
• Assist the VP of Operations on setting up The Block performance hall for concerts
• If needed, assist during Audition Process for the WMS
• Provide help during concert week with production set up and rehearsals needs
• Assist in generating rosters and other documents for concerts and events
• Attend Block and WMS concert to assist in operations/ticket sales/marketing
• Interest in or a pursuing degree in music or art, or music education.
• The ability to represent the West Michigan Symphony and interface with staff, subscribers, and donors
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Knowledge of social networking, Microsoft Office, and database experience a plus.
• Must be a self-starter and highly organized.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume to:
West Michigan Symphony
Andrew Buelow, Executive Director
360 W. Western Ave, Suite 200
Muskegon, MI 49440
Only qualified candidates apply
NO Phone Calls Please
Please contact Gabe Slimko, VP of Operations/Orchestra Personnel Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on upcoming open positions.